go to news

detail

“CIA brother gifts a hat saying he’s struggling”... Lee Seung-hwan shares his life in the U.S.

LEE Dakyum
Input : 
2025-02-18 10:36:19
Lee Seung-hwan. Photo: Captured from Lee Seung-hwan's SNS
Lee Seung-hwan. Photo: Captured from Lee Seung-hwan's SNS

Singer Lee Seung-hwan has shared updates from the United States.

On the 18th, Lee Seung-hwan posted on his SNS, “I had hamburgers with the CIA and HTML members, discussing the claims regarding the facts of entry and photo manipulation from the pro-coup side,” adding, “Although I clumsily spilled some burger, both of them were rational thinkers with gentle personalities, so we quickly became friends.”

He continued, “Although it was a short time, we decided to call each other brothers, and the CIA brother gifted me a hat from his own company, saying he’s struggling. The HTML brother said he liked my sky-blue T-shirt, so I told him to come see my performance at the Handball Stadium in Seoul on March 15-16 if he has time,” adding, “It was a pleasant day meeting such good brothers.”

The photos shared included Lee Seung-hwan taking a mirror selfie at the gym wearing a hat that says ‘CIA’ and eating a hamburger on the street.

Lee Seung-hwan. Photo: Captured from Lee Seung-hwan's SNS
Lee Seung-hwan. Photo: Captured from Lee Seung-hwan's SNS

Previously, some online communities saw a movement among supporters of President Yoon Suk-yeol to report celebrities like Lee Seung-hwan and Jaurim, who supported the impeachment of President Yoon, to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). After Jaurim's U.S. concert was suddenly postponed in March, speculation arose that “it seems they can’t go to the U.S. due to CIA reports.”

In response, Lee Seung-hwan confirmed on his SNS on the 16th, “I came to the U.S. for my nephew's wedding. Of course, I was not denied entry by the CIA or HTML,” dispelling rumors of being denied entry to the U.S.

Meanwhile, Lee Seung-hwan had planned to hold a concert in Gumi last December, but the city of Gumi unilaterally canceled the venue rental due to concerns about physical clashes between conservative right-wing groups and the audience. He filed a lawsuit for damages amounting to 250 million won against the mayor of Gumi and the city at the Seoul Central District Court.

Lee Seung-hwan argued that the city of Gumi's demand for a pledge to prohibit political agitation regarding the venue rental infringes on “freedom of conscience, freedom of art, and freedom of expression,” and he also filed a constitutional complaint on the 6th.

[Lee Da-kyum, Star Today Reporter]

to top